Monday, September 10, 2012

Floral Print Skirt Refashion


As soon as I got a peek of this floral print hanging on the rack at my local thrift store, I was pretty sure it would be coming home with me.  Didn't even matter what article of clothing it happened to be.  I was in love with that floral print.

When I pulled it off the rack, it was. . . 


A vintage housecoat.
For $1 - Sold!
This wasn't even going to be hard.


I cut out the zipper and cut off the top portion right below the arms.
Then I stitched up the new middle seam and used elastic thread to create a shirred elastic waist.

My lovely new skirt:


shirred elastic waist

9 comments:

  1. I love the pattern on your new skirt. Right up my street xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your vision! Wish I had it. Really great skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you saw the potential in the house coat! I'm heading to the thrift store today, might walk a little slower by that section:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this skirt refashion. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this fabric works as a skirt - I am a lover of all things upcycled/refashioned!!! Suzanne (http://winterwonderingswanderingswhatnot.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out great!! Great job. Stopping by from Adorned from Above linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really darling! You turned an old housecoat into something adorable! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete