Thursday, September 13, 2012

Free People Inspired: The Depiction Denim Buttondown

One thrift store vest + one thrift store denim shirt = one Free People inspired denim shirt.
Here's the original Free People shirt:


And mine:




I removed one pocket and used it as a pattern to cut a new pocket from the vest fabric. 



I zig-zag stitched across the top of the new pocket to keep the woven fabric from unraveling and then stitched the pocket onto my shirt, again with a zig-zag stitch.

For the back I used a piece of paper to draw out my pattern first, then cut from the vest, and stitched on.
Total cost for my shirt:  $4 ($2 for the vest and $2 for the shirt)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So cute! I just made a denim vest/tunic thing and it would be fun to add some contrasting pockets. You've inspired me. :)

    Niki
    http://www.nikis-notebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete