Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pin-Testing: Kale Smoothies

A while back I had pinned a Kale Smoothie recipe to my Pinterest Food board.
Now the reason that I pinned it was because we get bunches of kale from our CSA.  And I don't really care for kale. Nor does the rest of my family.   I know there are people out there that rave about how great it is, but I've yet to figure out a way to prepare it that isn't, well, disgusting.  I've tried kale chips, I've tried it in salads, I've tried it cooked in soups and casseroles, and I just still have to say "yuck".

But I may have hit upon a non-gross way to eat it - The Kale Smoothie.



You just have to get past the bright green color, but it really tastes pretty good. 
It's a blend of kale, apple juice, banana, celery, and ice.  A great way to add some extra servings of veggies to your diet.
But one word of warning, you may want to floss after drinking as the little green bits do like to stick in between the teeth.
Find the original recipe that I use, here.

Edited to Add:  My husband tasted this and thought it was pretty disgusting, so maybe they're not for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I'm excited to try this! I love kale so can't wait! What I really love is your blender.

    ReplyDelete