Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fabric Covered Notebook: A Tutorial


A quick and easy project


This project started out with a dollar store composition notebook.
You will also need fabric, spray adhesive, fabric scissors, a marking pen, a straight edge, and a sharp x-acto knife or rotaty cutter (not pictured).

Lay notebook on wrong side of fabric and trace with a pen.
Cut out approx. 1/2 inch larger than marked area.

Use the straight edge to mark and cut a straight side - this will be up against the binding of the notebook.


Apply spray adhesive - I spray a small amount to the notebook itself, being careful to avoid the binding edge, and then apply liberally to the fabric.
Lay fabric onto notebook, lining straight edge up along binding, and smooth out any wrinkles.
Flip over and trim excess fabric using either the x-acto knife or rotary cutter.
Repeat entire process for the other side of the notebook.


Who'd ever guess this started out as a $1 composition book???

5 comments:

  1. I am making something just like this for my son - he has moved out of home and I have filled it with recipes from everyone in the family for him.
    Such a lovely low cost gift but full of love and sentiments and recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I love that kind of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come stop by and grab a featured button: http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/10/your-whims-wednesday-83-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of these left over from a project last year. Now, I know how to utilize these for Christmas gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete