Monday, October 29, 2012

Found In The Costume Dept.: Day 3


I think this might be one of my new favorite dresses.  I made it to wear to a dinner for my husband's company.

kind of a poor picture of me wearing it

Here are the basic steps I took to transform this one:
1.  Remove sleeves and re-stitch arm openings
2.  Detached the skirt at the waist and re-cut it to a straight waist - it's hard to tell from the Before pic but it had a v-shaped waist that I didn't like.
3.  Re-attached the skirt to the bodice
4.  Hemmed to above the knee

I also wore it with the white sash at the waist because it was just a tiny bit big through the waist.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Well done. I've got some dropped waist dresses I was wondering what to do with. Also you've reminded me to hit the TS right after Halloween. Wahoo!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so nice!! Certainly would never guess it was a re-fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely transformation! I'm hopping over from Cowgirl up. Happily enjoying my visit to your sweet blog and now following along. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. New fan here from Cowgirl Up. I reallyenjoyed the post you shared and hope you will come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-6.html Hope to see you soon! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool up cycle! Pinned to my style board:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great re-fashion!! Looks great. TFS!! Stopping by from Sew Much Ado linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/10/happy-halloween-evil-queen-costume.html

    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to own this dress in its original form way, way back in the early 90's. I love your version so much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Thank you for sharing your great refashion post!

    ReplyDelete