Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Headbands Galore


Now that my hair is short I don't have a lot of options for mixing it up a little.  (It's so fine I can't even get a clip to stay in!)
So since headbands are my only real option, I set about making myself some.

I started with two different types of headbands, purchased at Hobby Lobby:


Style #1:



Probably the easiest method. 

The little knobs pop off the end of the headband, kind of like earring backs, then you can string beads on, and replace the end.  I used gold beads from an old cheap necklace. 

Style #2:


attach a vintage brooch

Break the pin back off of the brooch, file down rough edges if needed.  **Be sure your brooch is relatively flat and not too heavy**  Sandwich headband between the brooch and a small piece of felt, adhering with E6000.

The hardest part is holding it all in place while the glue dries.  I had to get creative.


Style #3:


Wire Wrapped

use wire and wrap beads onto headband

or hold a piece of chain (my chain was an old necklace again) and a piece of wire together and wrap around headband, using the wire to help secure the chain in place

Easy and inexpensive!

5 comments:

  1. Now that is cute!!! You really wear that short "do" well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! They do look nice on you. This is something I can easily do so thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your headbands!! Especially the golden leaves...
    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love these headbands!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are lovely. Now to see if my granddaughter still wears headbands!

    ReplyDelete