Monday, November 26, 2012

30 Days For 30 Dollars: Day 3


Day 3:  Gifts For Girls


For this project I used 2 skeins of thrifted yarn, 75 cents a piece.
This pattern is very easy and would be great for a beginning knitter.  It's a simple drop stitch pattern.  You add stitches on in 1 row and drop them off in the next.

Easy Knit Cowl Pattern:

Yarn:  Chunky 
Needles:  Size 15

Cast on 35 stitches.
Row 1:  *K1, YO (yarn over) twice* K1
Row 2:  *K1, drop 2 stitches* K1
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until piece measures approximately 30 inches
Bind off loosely.  
Stitch ends together 
Note:  Your bind off row and starting row may not match up exactly (I tend to bind off somewhat tightly) but you should be able to ease them together.





Total spent:  $1.50



Total Spent:
Day 1:  Pretty Hair Ties 1.00
Day 2:  Pin Cushion 1.00
Day 3:  Cowl 1.50
______________
3.50

10 comments:

  1. Love this. I knit but have never done a drop stitch before. Have posted top photo and link to your blog on my Holiday Craft Tumblr blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. It looks quick and easy, but nice when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I could do this pretty quickly and I have the perfect gift recipient! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty stitch!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! Love the color and stitch! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Happy week !

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a general idea of how many yards of yarn you used to make the cowl? I'm interested in trying it out, and I'd like to know how much yarn I need. It's such a pretty pattern (and simple makes it even better!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't have yardage for this project. I used 2 average sized skeins of chunky yarn.

      Delete
  7. I am having a problem reading this pattern. Should you be dropping the same 2 stitches that you YO?

    ReplyDelete