Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Woven Stitch Crochet Pattern


This pattern is based on lyndamk's Lavender Fields Blanket (which you can only see if you have a Ravelry account).  Her pattern is hdc, ch 1 but I couldn't get mine to turn out quite right.  The "weaving" just didn't seem tight enough.  So I made one little tweak.  

I crocheted each hdc into the stitch 2 rows below.  So the yellow row is being crocheted into the grey row, skipping the white row.

Here's the pattern written out (in US terms):

Chain the length that you would like your project to be.
Row 1: * hdc, ch1, sk 1* Repeat across.  Ch 2.  Turn.
Row 2:  *sk 1, hdc into the stitch 2 rows below (the starting chain for this row)*  Repeat across. Your hdc and ch 1 should be alternating now.  Ch 2.  Turn.
Row 3:  *hdc, ch 1, sk 1*  Repeat across.  Ch 2.  Turn.

Repeat row 2 and 3 until your project is the size that you would like.  
I changed colors at the end of each row.

Let me know if I made any mistakes writing this out or if you have any questions.

making progress on my afghan - and using up lots of scraps of yarn!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I have tried that before for dishcloths and I too didn't find it tight enough. Excellent idea to hook into the other row though, will definitely give that a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! I bet it would make a nice blanket or rug!! Which I'm looking for rug ideas right now so this is perfect! and looks like something I could totally do!! Thank you for sharing! I am totally going to pin this!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen crochet like this... cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, you did a great job. I have a link party and would love to have you share this and any other posts. It is called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing at Sarahndipities! You've been featured this week! i'd love for you to come be again this week!

    ~ Sarah

    http://sarahndipities.indiemade.com/blog/make-something-monday-link-party-64

    ReplyDelete