Friday, February 1, 2013

Do You Instagram?

a few of my recent Instagram pics 

I recently upgraded to a smartphone (probably one of the last people on the planet to do so).  Which gave me access now to Instagram.  Of which, I had heard and read much about, but was yet to experience for myself.  
Now I'm on a mission to figure it all out.  At first glance it seems simple enough:  take a photo with your camera, upload it, apply a few fun filters, and share with others.  Which, I'm sure, is a perfectly acceptable way to do it.  But then there are also a bazillion other apps that you can get to go along with it - apps with more filters, apps that add text, apps that size, apps that make collages, apps to help you find hash tags.  I even found an app that appears to allow you to harrass people who unfollow you on Instagram.  

In an effort to explore Instagram, and also to learn how to use the camera in my phone most effectively, I've decided to try a 1 month Instagram Photo Challenge.  I'm doing this one from Fat Mum Slim.  You're given a prompt each day of the month of something to photograph.  
Here's my Day 1 photo for February.  The prompt was Fork.
If you're on Instagram and would like to follow along, my user name is jennbrasher.  And you can see all of the Photo a Day photos at #fmsphotoaday or #fmsphotoadayfeb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment